Containers in the Garden - Gardening Book
Celebrity gardener and Danish floral designer Claus Dalby share his signature container gardening style in this gorgeously illustrated book. His distinctive use of a single plant species in each pot, with dozens of planted pots collected together, creates elegant and eye-catching garden displays. Partnered with an abundance of textures and often a monochromatic color palette, Claus’s container gardens change with the seasons. By combining flower and foliage colors with beautiful pottery and layered displays, the results are nothing short of extraordinary.
In Containers in the Garden, the English-language version of his top-selling Danish gardening book, Claus shares his best-kept secrets so that you, too, can create the container garden of your dreams. Season by season and color by color, you’ll learn how to plant, organize, tend, and share your potted plantings. Whether your display is on the front steps or the back patio, the simple yet bold design methods are found here to create unique garden features that are a joy to behold.
The breathtaking photography found within, coupled with Claus’s descriptive and personal text, features:
- Early-season container plantings of tulips, primroses, narcissus, and other spring-flowering beauties
- Lush summer pots overflowing with dahlias, roses, hydrangeas, and foxgloves
- Colorful and textural foliage-only containers to add structure and interest to the collection
- Unusual container plants such as spikemosses, wintergreen, oxalises, and even edible plants
- Tropical beauties bring a summer explosion, including cannas, Brugmansia, and hibiscus
- Autumnal fireworks of bronze, gold, and rust round out the seasonal display
Step inside Claus Dalby’s Danish garden and find ideas and inspiration for your garden.